- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Welcome back to Underworld.
Lakeshore Entertainment is moving forward with a reboot of the vampire action franchise, hiring Cory Goodman to write the script.
Lakeshore’s Tom Rosenberg and Gary Lucchesi are producing.
The first Underworld film, directed by Len Wiseman and starring Kate Beckinsale, was released in 2003. Playing the strong vampire Selena made Beckinsale into a bankable action star, and three films followed in 2006 (Underworld: Evolution), 2009 (prequel Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) and 2012 (Underworld: Awakening).
Underworld: Awakening, the 3D film that saw Beckinsale reprise her role as Selene, was the top earner in the franchise, taking in $160 million worldwide. The vampires versus werewolves franchise has grossed $458.2 million worldwide.
Goodman wrote the script for the 2011 film Priest, starring Paul Bettany. He also penned the script for the upcoming Summit film The Last Witch Hunter starring Vin Diesel, which is currently in pre-production. He’s repped by WME, Aperture Entertainment and Hansen, Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day