- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It looks like Joseph Kosinski’s sci-fi project Horizons is finding a home.
Universal is in negotiations to pick up the project, with Tom Cruise attached to star. Kosinski will produce with Barry Levine and Jeffrey Silver.
Horizons, with a script by William Monahan and Karl Gadjusek, was created by Kosinski who partnered with Radical Pictures before setting it up at Disney.
The sci-fi actionner centers on a soldier assigned to patrol a desolate planet who meets a mysterious traveler.
Disney, which was in the design stages on Horizons, became uncomfortable in making a PG-13 actionner and let Kosinski shop the project to other parties.
Warner Bros, Fox and Paramount were in the mix with Universal to grab it with Universal fighting for it the hardest.
An October start is now being eyed.
Kosinski is repped by Verve and Anonymous Content. Cruise is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day