- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Pictures International is promoting its U.K. head Niels Swinkels to executive vp distribution, a move that will see him relocate to Los Angeles to work more closely with the studio’s leadership.
In an announcement made Wednesday, it was revealed that Swinkels will begin his new role in London Dec. 1 before moving to Los Angeles, where he will supervise Universal Pictures’ operating companies and UIP joint ventures.
“I have worked very closely with Niels for eight years now, and I know him to be an extremely creative, enthusiastic and dedicated executive,” said Universal’s president of distribution Duncan Clark, to whom Swinkels will continue to report.
“He has been a valued member of the UPI leadership team since our inception in 2007 when he served as head of sales and distribution for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. He has been the managing director of the U.K. operating company for the past four years and has done an excellent job.”
In September, London-based Clark’s position was expanded to give him oversight over the company’s international organization.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day