- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Guessing what the next title might be for any given Fast and Furious film is never an easy bet.
Universal Pictures has announced that the seventh installment in the venerable action franchise will be called Furious 7. Previously, the film had been referred to as Fast & Furious 7.
This will be the first film in the series to not use the word “Fast” in the title, although the films’ titles have taken on numerous variations in the past. The first sequel was 2 Fast 2 Furious, while the fourth film, Fast & Furious, got rid of any numbers and just went with the ampersand. Those were followed by 2011’s Fast Five and 2013’s Fast & Furious 6.
The new title announcement was made on the film’s Facebook page, where a new poster for the film was also revealed.
Director James Wan‘s film stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and Tyrese Gibson. Walker died during production, with his brothers stepping in to help complete some of his scenes.
Universal releases the film April 3, 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day