- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal is set to open Dear Evan Hansen, its adaptation of the Broadway musical that stars Amy Adams, Julianne Moore and Amandla Stenberg, on Sept. 24, 2021.
The Stephen Chbosky-directed movie, which also has Ben Platt reprising on screen his Broadway character of Evan Hansen, will take the place of an Untitled Universal event movie amid a Hollywood release date shuffle sparked by the coronavirus pandemic. On Friday, Universal also said it will give another untitled event film a wide release on Sept. 16, 2022.
The screenplay for the Dear Evan Hansen adaptation was written by Steven Levenson, with music and lyrics by the songwriting team of Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.
Dear Evan Hansen is produced by Marc Platt and Adam Siegel and is executive produced by Michael Bederman, Levenson, Pasek and Paul.
Universal Pictures will distribute the film in all territories.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day