- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a late-inning release shuffle, Universal has shifted the opening of this summer’s Luc Besson action movie, Lucy.
The Scarlett Johansson starrer is moving up from Aug. 8 to July 25, 2014.
Reasons for the move were not immediately clear.
The July 25 date is already somewhat crowded. Paramount has Brett Ratner’s Hercules, starring Dwayne Johnson, opening while Columbia has the Cameron Diaz–Jason Segel comedy Sex Tape. Lionsgate has Step Up All In, the latest in the Step Up franchise.
Aug. 8 would have seen Lucy going up against Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which has plenty of interest from the younger demographics, potentially the same ones that could go see Lucy. Into the Storm, a tornado disaster movie from New Line poses additional competition. Also opening is the drama The Hundred-Foot Journey, starring Helen Mirren.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day