- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A collection of never-before-seen vintage photographs of such Hollywood icons as Paul Newman, Doris Day and Cary Grant by famed photographer Leo Fuchs are being offered for sale by V&M (Vintage and Modern), the online retailer.
Fuchs, a noted photographer who came to Hollywood in the sixties at the invitation of his friend Rock Hudson and later became an actor and producer, took the photos soon after her first arrived. He passed away in 1994.
In 2007, his son Alexandre discovered eighteen trunks worth of prints, negatives and reels among his father’s possession. The discovery included numerous never-before seen prints, including the selection being offered by V&M. In addition to Day, Newman, and Grant, V&M is offering prints of Sean Connery, Tony Curtis, Montgomery Clift, Audrey Hepburn and Marlon Brando.
V&M is limiting each photograph to just twenty-five prints. They will be priced between $350-700.
See a selection of the photographs being offered for sale below.
Top to bottom: Paul Newman, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, Cary Grant and Doris Day swimming, Cary Grant and New York Yankees catcher Yogi Berra, and Tony Curtis horsing around on the set.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Big Thunder Mountain