- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Magnet, the genre distribution arm of Magnolia, has set a June 6 VOD release date and a July 12 theatrical opening for V/H/S/2, the sequel to the hit horror anthology.
The theatrical release will be limited to 20 markets.
Gareth Evans, who directed The Raid, and Eduardo Sanchez, director of The Blair Witch Project and Lovely Molly, co-write and co-directed segments while Adam Wingard, the helmer behind You’re Next and A Horrible Way to Die, directed a full segment. Simon Barrett, the writer of Wingard’s pics who also penned two segments of V/H/S, made his directorial debut with one of the stories.
Other directors include Timo Tjahjanto (Macabre), Gregg Hale, and Jason Eisener (Hobo with a Shotgun). The movie, which premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and screened at SXSW last night was produced and financed by the Collective in association with genre brand Bloody Disgusting.
V/H/S followed a group of students hired to break into a desolate house to find a lost VHS tape, paving the way for the movie to go into a series of found-footage stories directed by up-and-coming genre filmmakers. The new movie follows a similar structure, with a pair of investigators discovering a tape while looking for a student.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America