- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Director Fred Schepisi will be honored with the Vail Film Festival’s Vanguard Award, while Krysten Ritter, who plays a lead role in the Starz series Gravity, has been chosen to receive the festival’s Excellence in Acting Award.
The festival, which runs from March 29 to April 1 in Vail, Colorado, will present the honores at its awards ceremony on its closing night.
Schepisi, whose credits include Six Degrees of Separation and The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith, most recently directed The Eye of the Storm, starring Geoffrey Rush, Charlotte Rampling and Judy Davis. The film, which will be released in the United States by Sycamore Entertainment, will have its U.S. premiere as the festival’s opening night film.
Ritter’s film credits include She’s Out of My League, Confessions of a Shopaholic, What Happens in Vegas, 27 Dresses and Vamps. She stars in Kat Coiro’s L!fe Happens, which will screen as the festival’s closing night film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day