- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
He is, after all, the one with the background in crazy on-stage rock n’ roll antics.
The Oscar nominee plays a burnout former rock star in Malick’s upcoming untitled film, which has been in production in Austin, Texas over the past year. He brought a touch of realism to the role on Saturday at the Fun Fun Fun Music Festival, where he went onstage with The Black Lips and wreaked some serious havoc.
Between shouts to the crowd — “Autograph the epitaph!” — and mugging for the camera, Kilmer traded a kiss with the band’s guitarist, chainsawed an amp in half and hacked off his hair with a knife.
All in a day’s work.
You can also check out Rooney Mara on stage, though her antics weren’t quite on the same level. According to photos published by The Daily Mail, she did at least get to kiss Michael Fassbender though.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
People's Choice Awards