- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Val Kilmer is updating his fans on his health.
The 55-year-old actor confirmed Saturday on Facebook that he is in intensive care at the UCLA Medical Center. Kilmer’s rep told the Associated Press he has been undergoing tests on a possible tumor, but Kilmer himself would not give details as to his specific ailment.
“Thank you for all your sweet support,” Kilmer posted. “But I have not had a tumor, or a tumor operations, or any operation. I had a complication, where the best way to receive care was to stay under the watchful eye of the UCLA ICU.”
“Friends have assisted who know my spiritual convictions and have been most sensitive and kind for the extra effort in making sure there’s minimum gossip and silly talk,” continued Kilmer. “I am praying for a speedy return to the boards, as they say.” He added: “Please don’t worry.”
Kilmer is known for films including Top Gun, The Doors and Batman Forever and was recently seen in 2014’s James Franco drama Palo Alto. His Facebook post can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Group