- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rihanna has joined the cast of Luc Besson’s graphic novel adaptation, Valerian.
The director announced the casting news on his Instagram. Rihanna’s part is not yet known, but the French filmmaker teased that it is “big.”
The “Diamond” songstress will join Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne in the sci-fi epic.
DeHaan is set to play the titular character, a space and time-traveling agent from a futuristic Earth, with Delevingne starring as his red-haired companion, Laureline.
Production is set to begin at the end of 2015, with Besson writing and directing the film. Virginie Besson-Silla will produce on behalf of EuropaCorp, which is financing, producing and distributing Valerian.
Created in 1967 by Pierre Christin and Jean-Claude Mezieres, Valerian has sold more than 10 million copies in 21 languages.
Valerian is due out in theaters on July 21, 2017.
See the Besson’s Instagram post below:
A photo posted by @lucbesson on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Group