- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
VENICE — Italian director Gabriele Muccino said Sunday that his next film would likely be a thriller or science fiction project.
Muccino — best known for L’Ultimo Bacio (The Last Kiss) from 2001 and a pair of Will Smith films, The Pursuit of Happyness from 2006 and Seven Pounds from 2008 — spoke on the sidelines of the Venice Film Festival.
Muccino’s just-completed project, a sports drama starring Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel, Dennis Quaid, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Uma Thurman called Playing for Keeps, will open in the U.S. on Dec. 7.
Muccino only discussed the thriller or science-fiction project in broad terms but did say that it could cast Keanu Reeves in a starring role.
Muccino also said that he is curious about new online distribution models for films, and he predicted they would become more widespread. He also noted that a “huge” part of the advertising budget for Playing for Keeps would be online, a change compared to previous films he directed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day