- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Venom is ready to bite off a little more from Hollywood.
Sony is developing a Venom sequel with Kelly Marcel writing the script, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Marcel is among the writers of the first film, and also counts Disney’s upcoming Cruella as among her credits.
Sony declined to comment.
Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal are producing the sequel. Ruben Fleischer directed the first installment and is working on a Zombieland follow-up. He told THR at last year’s Venom premiere that he expected to be involved in a sequel should one occur.
The Venom effort was the first in a shared universe of Marvel characters Sony is building out. The studio also has a Morbius film with Jared Leto in the works. Sony is coming off the success of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, which bowed last month to critical acclaim. The film, which takes place in a separate universe from Venom, on Sunday night took home the Golden Globe for best animated film and has earned more than $275 million globally.
Marcel is repped by WME, Casarotto Ramsay & Associates and attorney Jason Sloane.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show