- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jenny Slate is in talks to join Sony’s Spider-Man spinoff Venom, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The actress would play a scientist in the film, which stars Tom Hardy as the popular Marvel anti-hero. Zombieland‘s Ruben Fleischer is directing Venom, the first film based on secondary Spider-Man characters that Sony is planning, including a Silver Sable/Black Cat movie Silver & Black from filmmaker Gina Prince-Bythewood.
In addition to Hardy, Riz Ahmed and Michelle Williams are among the cast of Venom, which is said to still be searching for an actor to play the psychotic symbiote Carnage. In the comics, Venom is an entity created when a photographer named Eddie Brock becomes bonded with an alien symbiote — both united in their hatred of Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Over the years in the comics, he’s been both a foe and uneasy ally to Spider-Man.
Slate recently appeared on the big screen in Gifted, and has the near-future thriller Hotel Artemis with Jodie Foster coming from Lionsgate.
Venom is set to open Oct. 5, 2018.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day