- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Venom is finally coming out of the shadows.
The Sony film has released its first poster, along with a simple tease: “Tomorrow.” It’s safe to say that means the trailer will be arriving Thursday. Ruben Fleischer directs the film, with his cast including Tom Hardy, Woody Harrelson, Riz Ahmed, Michelle Williams, Jenny Slate and Scott Haze.
Hardy plays Eddie Brock, who in the comics is a journalist who become bonded with an alien symbiote. Together, they are Venom — an anti-hero who protects the innocent.
The film is the first of Sony’s spinoff films based on Spider-Man characters. It also has Silver and Black — centering on the characters Silver Sable and Black Cat — in the works form director Gina Prince-Bythewood and due out Feb. 8, 2019.
Sony opens Venom on Oct. 5.
Tomorrow. #Venom pic.twitter.com/Rvh80gmhyI
— Venom Movie (@VenomMovie) February 7, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day