- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eddie Brock has good reason to run in Venom. He has bad guys after him and also has some newfound powers he doesn’t understand.
Fortunately for Eddie (played by Tom Hardy), composer Ludwig Goransson’s score for Venom features a percussive track called “Run Eddie, Run,” and The Hollywood Reporter has an early listen to the song ahead of the soundtrack’s release Friday.
“‘Run Eddie Run’ is the first big action cue the movie. It’s always fun to write for someone running for their life,” Goransson says.
Goransson has had a big year in the comic book space. He traveled to Africa for inspiration to score Ryan Coogler’s Black Panther. Outside of the comic book genre, he has Creed II in theaters Nov. 21. With Venom, Goransson reteams with director Ruben Fleischer, for whom he scored 2011’s 30 Minutes or Less.
“With Venom, I was traveling back to my childhood a little bit,” the composer says. “A lot of the sound that inspired me and Ruben was electronic hip-hop and also rock and guitar music. That’s what I grew up with.”
Venom is in theaters Friday, the same day that the soundtrack is in stores.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day