- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Woody Harrelson may become entangled in Venom’s web.
The actor is in talks for an undisclosed role in Venom, the Tom Hardy-led Spider-Man offshoot from Sony.
Hardy is starring as the popular Marvel Comics antihero with Riz Ahmed, Michelle Williams and Jenny Slate also on the roll call.
If a deal is made, it would mark a reunion for Harrelson with helmer Ruben Fleischer, who directed the actor in the hit 2009 zombie comedy Zombieland. Venom is already deep into production — filming began in October — and rumors of Harrelson’s involvement have swirled on-and-off.
Sony, which had no comment, will release Venom on Oct. 5, 2018.
Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal are producing the project.
Harrelson starred in War for the Planet of the Apes and can be seen in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, which is generating considerable buzz this awards season. He also has a part in next year’s Han Solo film, Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day