- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fashion designer Vera Wang wants to get into filmmaking.
“I’m getting ready maybe to make an independent film myself. I’m thinking of maybe picking up a camera [and directing],” Wang told The Hollywood Reporter at the MOCA event in L.A. on Saturday.
Why delve into the business?
“Because I can, because I think it’s a great time,” Wang said. “I think in our fashion shows, we always try to tell a story even though it’s nine or 10 minutes, and to take it to another level with 3 dimension or 4 dimension is kinda groovy.”
“I love stories. I love stories about love, about anger, about emotion, about complexity. It might involve fashion, it’s still visual,” Wang went on.
She would also style the movie: “Probably if I make a film, I would use my own clothes.”
Wang has made TV appearances on Ugly Betty, The Apprentice and Project Runway.
— Becky White contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day