- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SAN DIEGO — The Veronica Mars movie is no longer a hypothetical.
After treating fans at Comic-Con to a first glimpse at the upcoming Kickstarter-funded feature, the Warner Bros. film unleashed behind-the-scenes footage and the first proper trailer online late Friday night.
“It’s been a very long day, so I’ll keep this short and sweet,” creator Rob Thomas wrote in his 48th e-mail update to his Kickstarter backers. “This morning, we showed off the first footage from the movie in Hall H, to a packed crowd. Tomorrow, we’ll share it with the press. I wanted you to see it tonight.”
The video, clocking in at just under five minutes, includes clips from the production, cast interviews, fan praise and a teaser trailer. It doesn’t provide much insight into the hush-hush plot, but it does make the return to Neptune feel like no time has passed.
“I can tell you that it sort of has a Godfather III theme to it,” Thomas said earlier in the day, “which is odd, because why not pick Godfather II? It was better. … I can tell you Veronica has not worked as a private detective since the last time you saw her. Part of this movie is her getting back into this life she thought she left behind.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day