- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Elizabeth Olsen and Dakota Fanning learn that having sex isn’t all fun and games in the first trailer for the upcoming drama Very Good Girls.
In the coming-of-age flick, best friends Gerry (Olsen) and Lily (Fanning) have just graduated from high school and both vow to lose their virginity before heading off to college. “We’re going to college, and we’re still virgins,” Lily laments. “We got to get over this hump,” Gerry concurs.
PHOTOS: 35 of 2014’s Most Anticipated Movies
Things get complicated when both of them fall for a street artist named David (Hatfields & McCoys‘ Boyd Holbrook). Lily sleeps with David and is dismayed when Gerry gets close to him, too. “I didn’t ask you to sleep with her,” Lily tells David.
Demi Moore, Peter Sarsgaard, Richard Dreyfuss, Clark Gregg, Kiernan Shipka and Ellen Barkin co-star.
The film marks the directorial debut of Naomi Foner, who also wrote the screenplay. Foner is the real-life mother of Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal. The music was written by singer-songwriter Jenny Lewis.
Olsen and Fanning have both appeared in recent blockbusters. Olsen co-starred in hit Godzilla and plays the Scarlet Witch in 2015’s Avengers: Age of Ultron. Fanning played Jane Volturi in the Twilight films.
Very Good Girls premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. It will be available June 24 on iTunes and hits theaters July 25.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day