- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dave Rosenbaum — a production exec who had been with Illumination Entertainment since its inception — has been named chief creative officer at visual effects company Cinesite.
Headquartered in London, Cinesite is currently working on VFX for Warner Bros.’ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Assassin’s Creed for Twentieth Century Fox and animated feature Gnome Alone for 3QU Media. Rosenbaum will be based at Cinesite’s 54,000 square-foot Montreal studio.
“Dave’s drive, passion and vision will harness a new phase of expansion for us, as he leads our studio’s growing slate,” Antony Hunt, president of Cinesite Animation, said Wednesday in a statement.
At Illumination, Rosenbaum was vp of talent, and also served as production executive and story supervisor for Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2, The Lorax, The Secret Life of Pets and the upcoming Sing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day