- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Victoria & Abdul star Ali Fazal has signed with WME, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned.
The Lucknow native and Judi Dench play the title characters in the Focus Features dramedy from Stephen Frears, which focuses on the real-life friendship between Queen Victoria and her Indian clerk. The film, which premiered at Venice before screening in Toronto, is Fazal’s second Western feature, after 2015’s Furious 7.
Fazal came to fame in an Indian production of American playwright Michael Puzzo’s A Guy Thing. Shortly thereafter, his Bollywood debut, 2009’s 3 Idiots, became India’s highest-grossing film at the time. The actor’s other Bollywood credits include 2011’s Always Kabhi Kabhi and 2013’s Fukrey. He will next be seen in the latter comedy’s sequel, Fukrey Returns, which will be released in India and the U.S. in December.
Fazal continues to be repped by Julian Belfrage Associates in the U.K., Lavin Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day