- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
– A never-before-seen scene from Avatar aired on Tuesday night’s Spike TV Scream Awards. In the clip (watch here), Jake Sully gets in a knock-down fight in a bar from his wheelchair. The $1 billion grossing film will be re-released on Blu-ray on Nov. 16. See more photos from the Scream Awards.
– Donny and Marie Osmond are heading to Broadway! The brother-sister team — who are being sued by the producer of their Las Vegas show, as THR’s Esq. blog first reported — will appear in Donny & Marie — A Broadway Christmas at the Marriott Marquis Theatre from Dec. 9 to Dec. 19. For a 12 show run, they’ll sing holiday hits while backed up by a live band, the Associated Press reports. Donny starred in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in Toronto for six years. Marie debuted on Broadway as Anna in The King and I in 1997, and toured as Maria from The Sound of Music.
– Russian spy Anna Chapman — who was deported from the United States this summer — has produced an iPhone app with Zeda, the New York Post reports. 99-cent Poker with Anna Chapman awards winners sexy photos of her if they beat her in “5 Card Draw” or “Texas Hold-em” hands. Those who score high will also be friended by her on Facebook, and get access to her personal blog for “a glance at her social life with parties, shopping and more.” Said a rep for Zeda, “We chose Anna because she’s a trendy, modern girl.”
– Fox TV Stations bought 20th TV’s Modern Family, Deadline reports. The ABC hit will make its broadcast syndication debut in fall of 2013. The comedy earned an Emmy for Eric Stonestreet earlier this year.
– Just a few days after announcing he’ll appear on an upcoming episode of Discovery Channel’s MythBusters, Barack Obama confirms he’ll swing by Comedy Central’s Daily Show ahead of host Jon Stewart’s “Rally to Restore Sanity.” His segment will be pretaped on Oct. 27, days before the Nov. 2 elections. As THR first reported, Stewart’s rally has expanded to L.A.
– Yahoo!’s third-quarter earnings, announced Tuesday, topped Wall Street expectations, but missed sales forecasts, which puts more pressure on beleaguered chief Carol Bartz, CNNMoney.com reports. Its net income from the third quarter was up 113% from 2009 to $396 million, helped largely by the sale of HotJobs earlier this year. The company had sales of $1.12 billion (excluding revenue shares with partners), which was just shy of analysts’ $1.13 billion expectations. Shares fell nearly 3% in after-hours trading. Bartz sidestepped questions of a potential sale of the company in a conference call.
– Following her Oscar-nominated debut in Precious last year, Gabourey Sidibe has landed a role in Tower Heist, her rep confirms to EW.com. She’ll star alongside Ben Stiller, Alan Alda and Eddie Murphy in the action comedy, which centers around a group of employees who plan to steal cash back from a Bernie Madoff-type ponzi schemer who is under house arrest. Sidibe has a recurring guest role on Showtime’s The Big C.
– A body was found in a truck next to Jimmy Kimmel Live‘s Hollywood studio Tuesday, the Los Angeles Police Department tells the L.A. Times. Detectives were called the scene after an onlooker spotted the victim, who appeared to be in his 30s or 40s, slumped over the wheel. An investigation is ongoing as to if the death was foul play or natural causes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Sideshow, Janus Take Catherine Breillat’s Cannes Competition Title ‘Last Summer’ for North America
Polish Box Office Champ Takes on Russian Leader in Thriller ‘Putin’ (Exclusive Trailer)
Filmed ‘Waitress’ Musical to Be First Tribeca Premiere to Screen Simultaneously in Times Square (Exclusive)