- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The fourth edition of the Viewster Online Film Fest (#VOFF4), dubbed “Share It Forward,” will focus on projects that “raise awareness around human rights, social, economic and environmental issues.”
The winning filmmakers, chosen by Viewster users, will get a share of the festival’s $80,000 prize money. The new edition of the fest will also include a $20,000 audience award, which will come in the form of a charitable donation to an organization chosen by the winning filmmaker from a list provided by Viewster.
Some 230 films from 47 countries are competing in #VOFF4. Viewster users will pick a shortlist of finalists with the winners chosen by a festival jury made up of producer Ted Hope (21 Grams), director Timo Vuorensola (Iron Sky) and German actress Nora Tschirner (Rabbit Without Ears).
Public voting on the winners kicks off Nov. 13 and runs through Nov. 27. The winners will be announced on Dec. 8.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day