- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Viggo Mortensen, whose collaboration with Peter Farrelly Green Book earned multiple Oscars including best picture, is in talks to join Farrelly’s next project, a Vietnam War-set dramedy for Skydance Media, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Mortensen’s casting would be the first for the untitled movie adaptation of the book by Joanna Molloy and John “Chickie” Donohue, The Greatest Beer Run Ever: A True Story of Friendship Stronger Than War.
Farrelly’s movie will tell the true story of Donohue, who left New York in 1967 for Vietnam to track down and share a few beers with his childhood buddies then serving in the Army.
Brian Currie, who co-wrote Green Book, and Pete Jones (Hall Pass), will co-write the script with Farrelly. David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Don Granger and Andrew Muscato will serve as producers.
The project is being overseen at Skydance by Granger, Goldberg and Aimee Rivera.
Mortensen is repped by UTA and Rawlins Company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day