- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Last Witch Hunter, Vin Diesel‘s upcoming supernatural action thriller in which Diesel plays the one man standing between humanity and a seemingly certain demise, won’t be released until October, but Diesel has told fans that plans are already afoot for a second installment.
Writing on Facebook, the Fast and Furious and Guardians of the Galaxy actor said that Lionsgate Entertainment “apparently is so excited” by the movie, directed by Sahara and The Crazies‘ Breck Eisner, that it has asked Diesel to block out time to film a sequel. (His post can be seen below.)
This isn’t the first time that the prospect of Last Witch Hunter becoming a franchise has been raised; during an earnings call last year, Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer told investors that such a move was a possibility if the first movie was successful. It’s also far from the first time that Diesel has used Facebook to tease future movie plans; he has famously dropped hints about more than one future Marvel Studios project on the site.
The Last Witch Hunter co-stars Rose Leslie, Elijah Wood and Michael Caine, and will arrive in theaters in time for Halloween, with its release scheduled for Oct. 23.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day