- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While MGM’s reputation around town is that of a remake factory, mining its library, Machine is an original project coming from Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, the writers of Night at the Museum who also worked with Diesel on his action comedy The Pacifier.
According to MGM, Diesel will play “a human-like machine created in secrecy by the Pentagon as the world’s first true ultimate weapon. Twenty years after the project was buried and decommissioned for reasons unknown, The Machine is discovered by a kid who befriends him. When the government learns it has been reactivated, the Machine must protect the family harboring him.
The project has no director but MGM says its eying a fall start.
Diesel will produce with his One Race Productions.
With the massive success of Fast Five — $458 million worldwide and counting – many of the cast of the Universal movie are finding themselves back in the spotlight. Diesel’s acting career was scorching in the early 2000s with movies such as Fast and the Furious, XXX, Pitch Black and Pacifier, but had cooled down in the second half of the decade.
He is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise