- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vin Diesel’s role as Groot in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy may only consist of three words, but that doesn’t mean the actor is taking it easy. In fact, to prepare for the international launch of the movie, he’s dubbed his own dialogue for the Brazilian Portuguese, Latin American Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and French versions.
Marvel released footage of the Fast and Furious and Riddick actor recording the variations of his declaring that he is, indeed, Groot. The sessions took place recently in Los Angeles, during postproduction for the James Gunn-directed movie, and were “intended to uniquely customize the moviegoing experience for international audiences.”
Guardians is currently on track for a sizable opening Aug. 1, anticipated by many to be upward of $65 million. 1 Watch Diesel’s multilingual dubbing sessions below as preparation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day