- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Los Angeles will have a new drive-in option this weekend.
Women Under the Influence (WUTI) and Lena Waithe’s Hillman Grad Prods. are teaming on the WUTI Drive-In, headquartered at Exposition Park, 500 Exposition Park Drive. The first weekend — Feb. 19-21 — is being billed as a celebration of Black love and sisterhood with such titles as Waiting to Exhale, Set it Off, Sylvie’s Love, Girlhood and The Watermelon Woman. Waithe is expected to attend on opening weekend and introduce the Forest Whitaker-directed Exhale.
According to event organizers, the pop-up experience is curated in the spirit of arthouse theaters. It will also feature Q&As, live music and special guests.
The new pop-up DRIVE-IN at Exposition Park is the ultimate COVID-19 safe destination for lovers of cinema, curated in the spirit of the great arthouse movie theaters. Expect the best of film, with THE DRIVE-IN run by an all women collective, fosters a sense of community. Each visit to THE DRIVE-IN is set to be a unique and unexpected event with director conversations, featured talent, guest curators, Q&As, and live music.
Tickets will be $50 per car. A full lineup and schedule can be found here.
10:41 a.m., Feb. 19, 2021: Updated to reflect changes to the screening schedule.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day