- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Skybound Entertainment, founded by The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman and David Alpert, has partnered with Skydance Interactive, a division of David Ellison’s Skydance Media, to develop virtual reality video games based on the post-apocalyptic world of The Walking Dead.
According to the companies, the first game in the multiyear agreement will feature “an entirely new setting and cast of characters, which players will experience through a “contextual interaction system.”
Said Skydance CEO Ellison and president/COO Jesse Sisgold in a joint statement: “Our goal at Skydance Interactive is to honor the visceral world that Kirkman has created while giving The Walking Dead’s fans something to really sink their teeth into.”
Ellison is speaking today at gaming confab E3.
Skydance recently launched its first original VR title, Archangel, while Skybound released its first VR game, Giant Cop: Justice Above All, with partner Other Ocean.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day