- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lauren Cohan (The Walking Dead) is joining Mark Walhberg in Mile 22, an action movie from STXfilms, the company announced Tuesday.
Peter Berg (Lone Survivor, Deepwater Horizon) is directing the project that already has a cast that includes John Malkovich, MMA star Ronda Rousey and Asian action star Iko Uwais (The Raid). Filming is set to begin later this month.
The script tells the story of an elite American intelligence officer who, aided by a top-secret tactical command unit, tries to smuggle a mysterious police officer with sensitive information out of the country.
STX, which recently released Bad Moms Christmas to a lukewarm box-office reception, is hoping Mile 22 launches a franchise for the company and is developing a television series and VR projects around it.
Graham Roland and Lea Carpenter wrote the script. Berg, Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson are producing the pic.
Cohan is best known for portraying Maggie Greene on the AMC hit series The Walking Dead. She also has appeared on The CW’s The Vampire Diaries and in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Cohan is repped by CAA, John Carrabino Management and Hansen, Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day