- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zombies are all the craze, with The Walking Dead, the forthcoming World War Z and now, the romantic comedy Warm Bodies.
The official trailer for the film adaptation of the Isaac Marion book, which will play prior to the final installment of the Twilight franchise, has debuted — and it depicts teen romance with a supernatural bent.
Warm Bodies centers on R (Nicholas Hoult), a zombie who finds himself in a post-apocalyptic America following — yup, you guessed it, a zombie infiltration. He eats human brains to feed on their memories, literally. After finding his latest prey, R begins to fall in love with the victim’s significant other Julie (Teresa Palmer).
It’s unusual to think that a romance can brew between a zombie who only grunts, has a stilted speech and walks slowly (R’s inner thoughts are provided via voice-over), but Warm Bodies attempts to do so. And yes, even zombies have desires and fears.
Watch the trailer above, and sound off in the comments below.
Warm Bodies hits theaters Feb. 1, 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
David O. Russell
the banshees of inisherin