- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gal Gadot has been cast as Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman, the follow-up to Man of Steel.
Gadot, an Israeli-born actress who was seen in Fast and Furious 6, joins Henry Cavill, who is reprising his role as Superman and Ben Affleck, who is playing Batman.
“Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character,” said director Zack Snyder.
The casting is a huge break for Gadot, who up to now has appeared in supporting roles in the last three Fast & Furious movies. She also has appeared in Date Night and the Tom Cruise-Cameron Diaz action movie Knight and Day.
Gadot beat out Olga Kurylenko (Oblivion) and Elodie Yung (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) for the role, details of which was shrouded in secrecy during the casting search. But when it called for a woman with strength and for training for be conducted throughout the movie’s shoot, many speculated that the part was the iconic heroine.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Big Thunder Mountain