- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gone are the days when American comedies didn’t travel.
Over the weekend, Warner Bros.’ The Hangover Part II grew its worldwide box office total to $488.7 million — surpassing the $467.5 million earned by the original film to become the biggest R-rated comedy of all time.
The big surprise is the film’s international performance.
Through Sunday, Hangover II’s international gross was $256 million, while it has earned $232.7 million so far in North America.
Internationally, the biggest territories include the U.K. ($48 million), Germany ($31.5 million) and Australia ($30.4 million).
The first Hangover grossed $190.2 million internationally, and $277.3 million domestically.
Hangover II is by no means close to being finished, and still has Spain and Japan yet to open. And domestically, it’s still high up on the top 10 chart, coming in No. 5 over Father’s Day weekend.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day