- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros. has preemptively picked up Wild Guns, a spec by T.S. Nowlin for Gianni Nunnari and his Hollywood Gang shingle to produce.
Described as having shades of Tombstone and Sherlock Holmes, the story is set shortly after the Civil War and follows legendary gunslingers Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday. The duo team-up to rescue the daughter of Sitting Bull, who has been kidnapped by a powerful Shaman with mysterious powers who is terrorizing the Western plains.
Guns is the first project brought in by newly hired Warners exec Matt Cherniss, who will oversee. Cherniss was previously Fox Broadcasting.
Hollywood Gang’s John Ridley will oversee and be involved in a producer capacity.
For Nowlin, repped by WME and Energy, the deal marks the second splashy spec the young scribe has sold; Relativity recently picked Columbus, a biopic about the Spanish explorer, with McG attached to direct. He also has a Marco Polo project set up with Endgame which Nunnari is producing.
Nunnari was a producer on Zack Snyder’s 300 and has Immortals, a Greek fantasy epic, set for release by Relativity this November.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Eyes of Tammy Faye
Red Table Talk