- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
LONDON — Warner Bros. U.K. has promoted Polly Cochrane to svp and group marketing director, charging her with ramping up the overseas studio arm’s activities across its 40-strong integrated marketing function.
Cochrane reports to Josh Berger, president and managing director, Warner Bros. U.K., Ireland and Spain.
Upcoming movie releases include Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Sherlock Holmes II, The Hangover Part II, Happy Feet Two and Green Lantern.
Cochrane will also market video games and TV shows as well as Blu-ray and digital formats output from the WB stable.
Last year Warner Bros. U.K. clawed its way to the top of the U.K.’s movie distributor list for the first time in three years on the back of releases Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, Inception, Sherlock Holmes and Clash of the Titans among others.
The unit’s theatrical releases amassed a cumulative gross of £204.1 million ($332.7 million) in 2010 and an 18.4 percent market share, beating its previous highest grossing year (2005) by £51 million ($83 million).
And theatrical success was replicated by Warner Bros. U.K.’s Home Entertainment division, which saw Warner Home Video become the U.K.’s number one value studio (13.4 percent) for the first time in five years.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day