- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros has acquired an action thriller spec titled The Envoy by Robert Lynn.
Silver Pictures’ Joel Silver and Andrew Rona are attached to produce.
The story centers on young diplomatic courier whose routine delivery turns deadly when it’s discovered the sensitive information he carries contains stolen plans for an attack on American interests. He must make it to the American embassy in Vienna while various forces try to stop him.
Silver’s Sarah Meyer brought the project in and will act in a producer capacity.
Silver and Rona have had success in the international thriller arena, with the Liam Neeson thriller Unknown being the most recent example. Silver is producing Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, which opens December, and the duo have comedy Project X coming out next year.
Lynn was a scribe contestant on Project: Greenlight who went on to write and direct several low-budget flicks. This is his first major sale. He is repped by UTA, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and attorney Owen Seitel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day