- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles (BAFTA Los Angeles) will honor Warren Beatty with the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film at the BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards this year, it was announced Wednesday.
“Warren Beatty is an undisputed film icon who, during nearly a half-century, has created a body of work that transcends trends and remains timeless,” says Nigel Lythgoe, chairman of BAFTA Los Angeles. “He is a powerful and original creative force, both in front and behind the camera, and it is our distinct pleasure to honor and celebrate his immense talents.”
The Academy Award winner joins previously announced honorees Ben Stiller, Helena Bonham Carter, John Lasseter and David Yates. Alan Cumming will be the master of ceremonies.
The Britannia Awards, held Wednesday, Nov. 30 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, are BAFTA Los Angeles’ highest honors. The ceremony will be broadcast on the TV Guide Network on Sunday, Dec. 4.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day