- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The veteran Hollywood star was named as a pallbearer along with a who’s who of American politics, including former Vice President Joe Biden, former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, former Secretary of Defense William Cohen, former Sen. Russ Feingold, former Sen. Gary Hart, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) and former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge.
Other names who will help carry McCain’s coffin at the Washington National Cathedral include McCain’s former chief of staff Mark Salter, McCain’s presidential campaign manager Richard Davis, FedEx founder Fred Smith, Russian opposition politician Vladimir Kara-Murza, fundraiser Carla Eudy and businessman Stephen Dart.
The memorial service will feature tributes and readings from former President George W. Bush, former President Barack Obama, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), former Sen. Joe Lieberman, former Sen. Kelly Ayotte, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and members of McCain’s family.
McCain’s funeral will be held Sunday.
President Donald Trump is not currently scheduled to speak or attend the memorial or the funeral. McCain, who died Saturday at age 81 after a battle with cancer, reportedly did not invite Trump to his funeral due to the strained relationship between the two men.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Cannes Film Festival