- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first Furious 7 trailer has been revealed.
The E! network aired the film’s promo as part of a one-hour special, which involved the cast taking part in a panel and answering fans’ questions. The E! special for Universal Pictures’ biggest franchise is an example of NBCU corporate synergy.
The venerable franchise’s seventh installment focuses on Ian Shaw (Jason Statham) seeking revenge against Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel). A key scene in the trailer shows the heroes in their cars as they fall out of a plane.
“The biggest objective was to honor my brother Paul Walker and his legacy,” Diesel said in the special. Walker died during production, with his brothers stepping in to help complete some of his scenes.
Director James Wan‘s film stars Diesel, Paul Walker, Statham, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and Tyrese Gibson. Universal revealed last month that the film would be titled Furious 7.
The film hits theaters April 3, 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day