- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For fans of early Tim Burton, the prospect of mixing Beetlejuice with the Batman mythos sounds like a dream come true. Thanks to none other than James Franco, it’s a combination that has finally happened, and the results are… well, just watch for yourself.
The video is part of Franco’s web series for AOL, Making a Scene, in which he and a group of friends mash-up classic movie scenes and characters chosen through the spin of an appropriately gaudy wheel. Despite the wheel choosing The Dark Knight as the second movie, Franco and his team pointedly go for a broader interpretation of the subject with a Catwoman from Burton’s own Batman Returns appearing beside a Robin reminiscent of the 1960s TV show and a Heath Ledger-esque Joker.
Other movies appearing as part of the series include a mix of Reservoir Dogs and Dirty Dancing, The Shining reimagined as a romantic comedy and Taxi Driver given a makeover as a silent movie classic. But do any of those choices make you want to spend the rest of the day listening to the best of Harry Belafonte?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day