- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jasmine’s still got it.
Lea Salonga, who was the character’s singing voice in the hit 1992 Disney film Aladdin, impressed audience members at a recent Il Divo concert by joining the opera singers on stage for a rendition of the film’s signature tune, A Whole New World.
Salonga, 43, had a huge smile on her face throughout the performance and proved that her voice is just as strong as it was in the early ’90s. The concert took place in April, but the video has just gone viral now.
The performer, who was also the singing voice of the title character in Disney’s Mulan, has made quite a name for herself on Broadway. She won a Tony playing the lead role in Miss Saigon and portrayed both Eponine and Fantine in Les Miserables.
Watch the video to see her powerful performance.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day