- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Just under a month prior to the release of J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: The Force Awakens, a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier crew is putting its own spin on the space film’s trailer.
In a one minute, 19-second trailer posted Wednesday, the crew of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower made its own rendition of the original in a spoof called “Sea Wars: The Ike Awakens.” Star Wars fans watch as Navy crewmembers re-create “Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer #1,” beginning with a deep voice questioning, “There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?” and a crewmember popping his head up, paralleling John Boyega.
A yellow mop bucket is shown rolling across a deck floor with looped robot noises beeping as it swivels across the ship. Audiences also watch a red light saber make an appearance and Navy pilots turn into Jedis. Mass Communication Specialist 3rd Class Alex Delgado, a sailor on the ship, created the trailer, according to the Washington Post.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters Dec. 18.
Compare the two trailers below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sir Anthony Hopkins