- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ardent Star Wars fans shouldn’t feel ashamed for shedding a few tears during the upcoming film’s final trailer.
Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, posted a video to Instagram on Monday of herself getting emotional while watching the promo for the first time. The trailer aired during halftime of ESPN’s Monday Night Football.
“Staying in a little b’n’b with my friend,” Ridley, 23, captioned the video. “Set an alarm to watch the trailer…My friend filmed my reaction. Totally emotional seeing it for the first time, and so, so, so incredibly awed to be part of this incredible legacy #starwars #theforceawakens.”
Ridley’s response underscores the high level of anticipation for the film, along with the fact that even the project’s cast members have yet to see a final cut of the film. Ridley was largely unknown in the U.S. prior to landing this role.
Force Awakens also stars Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Lupita Nyong’o and Adam Driver, along with returning cast Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill. The film hits theaters Dec. 18.
Ridley’s post is below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Zar Amir Ebrahimi
Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey
Your Place or Mine