- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chris Hemsworth, who hits theaters Friday as the title character in Thor, has a not-so-secret past that involves Dancing With the Stars.
The Australian native seemed to blush when Jay Leno asked him about his taking part in the Down Under version of DWTS on Monday night’s The Tonight Show.
Asked if he was embarrassed, Hemsworth replied: “I wasn’t much of a dancer. You know, down at the pubs with your mates and a few beers having a dance is a little different than the ballroom. It doesn’t really translate.”
Leno then showed a clip of one of Hemsworth’s performance.
Hemsworth got his big break on an Australian soap. He also appeared in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek as Capt. Kirk’s (Chris Pine) father and has signed on to star in a Red Dawn remake as well as Joss Whedon’s The Avengers, in which he reprises the role as Thor. The latter went into production last week in New Mexico.
Thor, from Marvel Studios, was directed by Kenneth Branagh and also stars Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, Rene Russo, Tom Hiddleston and Jeremy Renner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day