- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscilloscope Laboratories has moved up the theatrical release of We Need to Talk About Kevin to Jan. 13, when it will open at New York’s Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and Angelika Film Center. The drama will open at the Arclight Hollywood Theater in L.A. on Jan. 20.
The Lynne Ramsay-directed thriller stars Tilda Swinton and John C. Reilly as parents of an increasingly disturbed and disturbing son, played by Ezra Miller.
“We had an amazing one-week qualifying run in December where the film’s attendance exceeded even our highest expectations,” Oscilloscope president David Fenkel said. “The reviews were stellar, and the word-of-mouth is only growing. It’s an intense psychological thriller that audiences feel the need to talk about afterwards. By definition this is an ideal ‘word of mouth’ film. Theaters are excited to have a quality arthouse genre film to bring in younger audiences.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day