- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Magnificent Seven, Sony and MGM’s remake of the 1960 classic Western, galloped to $1.75 million Thursday night from 3,096 locations.
The film, directed by Antoine Fuqua, is tracking to earn in the $30-$40 million range in its debut, a hearty start for a Western, according to predictions.
The film, about seven men who team up to protect a small town, features an all-star cast including Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D’Onofrio. Byung-hun Lee and Manuel Garcia-Rulfo. The Magnificent Seven, made in association with LStar Capital and Village Roadshow Pictures, had its world premiere as the opening night film at the Toronto Film Festival earlier in September.
Warner Bros,’ animated film Storks also opens wide this weekend. It is expected to earn between $20 million and $30 million.
Produced by Warner Animation Group, the film was directed by Nicholas Stoller and Doug Sweetland. The voice cast includes Andy Samberg, Katie Crown, Kelsey Grammer, Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele, Jennifer Aniston, Ty Burrell and Danny Trejo.
The story is set in a world where storks have moved on from delivering babies, but when a delivery appears, they must scramble to make sure the baby makes it home.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day