- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Weinstein Co. is in negotiations to acquire North American rights to the Jeremy Renner starrer Wind River.
Directed by Taylor Sheridan, the film follows a Fish and Game Department employee (Renner) who stumbles upon the body of a teenage girl frozen in the desolate wilderness. He is enlisted by a rookie FBI agent unfamiliar with the terrain to help find those responsible.
Elizabeth Olsen and Jon Bernthal also star.
Basil Iwanyk’s Thunder Road (Sicario), Peter Berg’s Film 44 (Lone Survivor) and Matthew George’s Savvy Media Holdings (LBJ) are producing the pic. Savvy is financing Wind River along with Acacia Entertainment and Wayne Rogers’ Synergics Films. Star Thrower Entertainment is executive producing along with Riverstone Pictures and The Fyzz Facility.
It’s the second project produced by Iwanyk to land at TWC in recent days. TWC also picked up the terror drama Hotel Mumbai, which Iwanyk is producing.
CAA repped domestic rights to the film, which is being sold internationally at the Cannes market by Voltage and Wild Bunch.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day