- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Hutkin has been promoted to the post of chief financial officer at The Weinstein Company, it was announced Monday by TWC co-chairmen Harvey and Bob Weinstein and COO and president David Glasser.
Hutkin, operating out of TWC’s Los Angeles office, will step into the post immediately, succeeding Andy Kim, who has left to become CFO of Participant Media.
Hutkin, who has served as TWC’s executive vp, strategic initiatives, investments and banking since 2010, will oversee all operations in the company’s finance division, reporting directly to the Weinsteins and Glasser. Prior to joining TWC, he spent 15 years in entertainment financing for various banks, including a position as head of entertainment finance for the First California Bank. Before that, Hutkin worked for Wells Fargo, Bank of America, ICB Entertainment Finance and The Lewis Horwitz Organization.
“Over the last six years, David has demonstrated complete ingenuity and resourcefulness when it comes to investors and entertainment finance,” the Weinsteins said in a statement. “His extensive background in banking and strategic finance is perfectly suited for our continued growth as a company, especially in our TV division.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day